Join us for The 3rd Annual UC Davis Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) Conference, hosted by the Center for Educational Effectiveness. This conference is dedicated to celebrating and sharing the work of UC Davis’ growing community of scholarly educators. Together we will share research, ideas, practices and resources in support of evidence-supported teaching innovation at our university.
This conference is for you:
- If you use a research mindset to assess and inform your teaching practices.
- If you’ve collected data to help you learn about our students and better support their success.
- If you innovate in the classroom and use evidence to understand the outcome.
- If you’d like to discuss scholarly teaching ideas with other interested educators.
- If you’d like to learn more about teaching research at UC Davis.
This conference celebrates the Scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL), which is practice-based educational research in which we pursue and share new knowledge about the practice of teaching and learning. In general, SOTL includes gathering and analyzing evidence as a means to make discoveries, inform designs, and evaluate outcomes. We welcome a variety of interpretations of SOTL in this conference.
We are particularly (but not exclusively) interested in submissions that showcase:
- Projects that present teaching innovations and use evidence to critically explore their outcomes;
- Work that promotes inclusivity, or helps us as educators to better understand our diverse students and their learning experiences;
- Work that shows methods or resources that others at UC Davis might use toward SOTL, or toward scholarly teaching more generally;
- Works-in-progress and exploratory works that invite constructive dialogue toward future projects;
- In general, work that is relevant and informative to UC Davis’ community of scholarly and reflective educators.
The conference program is presently under review; stop back in October to see the full titles and agenda.