Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference
Date: December 3 & 4, 2020
Time: 9:00am - 1:30pm daily
Join us for The 5th Annual UC Davis Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Conference, hosted by the Center for Educational Effectiveness. This conference is dedicated to celebrating and sharing the work of UC Davis’ growing community of scholarly educators. Together we will share research, ideas, practices and resources for evidence-supported teaching innovation at our university. This year's conference will feature research talks and posters, resource room sessions, panels, and keynote presentation. The themes for this year's conference include: Student Engagement, Equity and Inclusion, Assessment/Alternative Assessment, Flexibility and Innovation, and What We’re Learning from Remote Instruction. We look forward to seeing you there!
View the conference agenda here.
This conference is for you:
- If you use a research mindset to assess and inform your teaching practices.
- If you’ve collected data to help you learn about our students and better support their success.
- If you innovate in the classroom and use evidence to understand the outcome.
- If you’d like to discuss scholarly teaching ideas with other interested educators.
- If you’d like to learn more about teaching research at UC Davis.
2020 SoTL Conference Faculty Committee:
Korana Burke, Mathematics | Victoria Cross, Psychology | Marc Facciotti, Biomedical Engineering | Heather Jane Hether, Communication | Michele Igo, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics | Joel Ledford, Plant Sciences | Steven Luck, Psychology | Cara Sandholt, School of Nursing | Janine Wilson (Co-Chair), Economics
For more information, please contact us at SoTLevents@ucdavis.edu.